Now in its seventh year, the artist-designed Haunted Basement is lurking in the bowels of The Soap Factory, waiting to be explored.
THE HAUNTED BASEMENT 2013 IS SOLD OUT. But, you can still join us on October 31st, November 1st & 2nd for the Spooky Speakeasy. Anyone 21+ welcome, no need for Haunted Basement tickets.
View and print The Haunted Basement waiver.
HAUNTED BASEMENT 2013 RULES
1) NO admittance if you are under 18. IDs will be checked at the door.
2) NO Alcohol. NO admittance to intoxicated individuals. The Soap Factory reserves the right to refuse admission, as well as the right to insist a patron leave the premises.
3) NO touching any of the exhibits, props or performers. The Soap Factory determines patron compliance and reserves the right to eject any patrons at our discretion.
4) For your own safety and comfort, you MUST have appropriate clothing to navigate through challenging and messy environments: no high heels or flip-flops. Inappropriate shoes will be checked at the door.
5) All bags, coats, phones and other loose items will be checked at the door. All patrons are required to wear specific, provided clothing and protective goggles. A list of recommended attire is available at soapfactory.org
6) Groups of 4 will be admitted into The Haunted Basement every 3 minutes. Each patron must have a ticket.
7) Patrons agree to the use of photography and video recording in The Haunted Basement and authorize the release of those photographs for publication.
8) You will be required to sign a waiver before entering the basement. The waiver is available for review/download at soapfactory.org
9) No re-entry.
10) You will encounter: FOG – DUST – MOLD – SMELLS – INSECTS – STROBE LIGHTS – COMPLETE DARKNESS – CRAWLING – STAIRS – SEXUAL SITUATIONS – LOUD NOISES – WATER – LATEX – ALLERGENS - CLAUSTROPHOBIC SITUATIONS – PHYSICAL CONTACT – PTSD TRIGGERS and VIOLENT SITUATIONS
You will get messy, dress accordingly. Pro tip: Bring a change of clothes and footwear. Free coat/bag check is available.
Directed for a second year by Noah Bremer, The Haunted Basement is a fully immersive terror adventure designed to traumatize new visitors and returning Haunted Basement fans alike. With a fiercely demented creative team, consisting of set designers, makeup & costume designers and even olfactory scientists, Bremer has crafted an experience that will disorient and terrify visitors at every shadowy twist and turn.
Always a provocative assault on the senses, this year’s Haunted Basement will take sensory overload to outrageous new extremes, ranging from deviously twisted soundscapes and unexpected tactile experiences, and also including the presence of an entirely new spectrum of nauseating odors provided by the smell engineers of the St. Croix Sensory.
Beyond the structural design of this year’s project, Makeup Designer Kristen Leigh and Costume Designer Alli Olwell collaborate with this year’s Haunted Basement performers to create customized character designs, promising to unleash some of the most gruesome unfortunates ever to dwell beneath The Soap Factory.
Fancy yourself a hard-hearted veteran of The Haunted Basement, never breaking a sweat, never uttering a scream? We throw down a gauntlet and challenge visitors to journey through the entirety of the Haunted Basement completely alone. For the first time ever, The Soap Factory is giving true thrill-seekers the chance to go it alone in The Haunted Basement. Test Subject tickets are on sale now, in extremely limited quantities, for Halloween night. Click here to purchase.
Test Subject tickets are a new addition to The Haunted Basement’s program, an opportunity for an individualized experience. These visitors, who choose the path of a Test Subject, will not have safety in numbers, or anyone to protect them from the creeps who dwell below. Test Subject tickets are designed for those who desire the ultimate terror adventure, and who have asked for it, year after year. Now in it’s 7th year, The Haunted Basement is ready to deliver the next level of fright.
Did all that screaming make you parched? Every Fridays and Saturday during The Haunted Basement, join us for a drink in the Spooky Speakeasy. With craft cocktails from the Northstar Bartenders Guild, an eerie atmosphere and spooky music, this pop-up bar is the perfect place to decompress after your journey through The Haunted Basement.
Too chicken to traverse The Haunted Basement? You can skip the scares and head right for a cocktail. The Spooky Speakeasy is open to the public. We’ll have killer cocktails from Bittercube’s Nick Kosevich and La Belle Vie’s Johnny Michaels every Friday and Saturday evening during The Haunted Basement. Plus, the Spooky Speakeasy will be open for opening night on October 3rd and Halloween night on October 31st. Food trucks will be on hand each evening to help with midnight cravings.
And don’t forget! The Haunted Basement offers lights-on, no-frights ‘Fraidy Cat tours on Sunday mornings. These artist talks and behind the scenes tours of The Haunted Basement are an opportunity to see The Haunted Basement with no scares. Tickets are $10 and sold at the door. ‘Fraidy Cat tour dates are October 13, 20, 27, 10am - 12pm.
Interested in volunteering for The Haunted Basement? Click here for details.
Learn more about past paranormal investigations held at The Soap Factory on our blog.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What do I do if I've accidentally deleted my tickets from my email account?
A: You can check in at the front desk under the ticket purchaser's name. Be sure everyone brings their IDs!
Q: Where is parking?
A: There is free and metered street parking around The Soap Factory.
Q: Should everyone in our group bring an ID?