Live Action Set, Dangerous Productions and The Soap Factory are very excited to announce the remount of Crime and Punishment in April of 2015!
ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE:
A twisted interpretation of the Dostoevsky novel, CRIME AND PUNISHMENT blends physical theater, dance and visual art into an adventurous, immersive performance in the basement of The Soap Factory.
Over 30 of the most captivating performers in the Twin Cities have been assembled under the creative direction of Noah Bremer, Tyler Olsen and Joanna Harmon to bring the characters, stories and psychological madness to life. Built over the entire span of The Soap Factory's basement and inspired by the post-industrial decay of this notorious space, some of the most talented visual artists around created an all-encompassing subterranean city fit for Dostoevsky's world. Composer Michael Croswell's original soundtrack, along with custom smells by St. Croix Sensory add a 4th dimension that weaves through the city, creating a thrilling and completely immersive experience.
You run into a room where you hear a woman screaming for help. As you enter, her murderer runs out the door. And now, you have a choice- stay with the victim, or chase after the person who killed her?
This is just one of the many situations you may find yourself in CRIME AND PUNISHMENT. Follow a character’s plea, explore the nooks and crannies of the environment, even discover secrets seen only by you. Enter the subterranean city built beneath The Soap Factory, and prepare yourself for a mind-bending theatrical experience.
As one of the most successful shows in the 2014 Minnesota Fringe Festival, Live Action Set's CRIME AND PUNISHMENT brings an expertly crafted performance to The Soap Factory's basement. Hailed as "a triumph ... of tone and design", "elegantly constructed" and "impossibly rich" by the Tangential and a promise to "provoke, frighten, amuse, and evoke at once" by Minnesota Monthly, CRIME AND PUNISHMENT is an experience not to be missed.
- If you choose to continue on this journey, you will have the choice to purchase a ticket at different levels. With each level, you gain more elaborate opportunities for adventure. They are intended to be surprises, so the details are hidden at this time. You must take a chance and find your path.
- Due to some adult content, Crime and Punishment is not recommended for those under 16 years old.
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes as audience members will walk and stand for extended periods of time during their performance experience.
- Each audience member must wear a lightweight plastic mask for the duration of the performance. We strongly recommend that you wear contact lenses to avoid discomfort with glasses. Some masks are modified to better accommodate glasses. Masks must be returned at the conclusion of the performance experience. Talking while wearing masks is not permitted.
- We provide a complimentary bag check for our audience and require that any large purses, bags, coats or objects are checked prior to the performance.
- Be advised, although audience members may be touched by actors, inappropriate reciprocal contact is prohibited.
- Crime and Punishment is ADA accessible. Please notify the Soap Factory upon purchasing tickets to make arrangements for your visit.